last updated May 31, 2018
This Site is operated by BridgeSmart. For personal information protection purposes, BridgeSmart is the controller and, unless otherwise noted, is also the processor of the personal information. Information collected may be retained as long as it is reasonably required for the purposes it was collected.
CONSENT TO COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you visit this Site, certain kinds of non-personal information, such as the website that referred you to us, your IP address, browser type and language, and access times, may be collected automatically as part of the Site's operation. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the Site. Demographic information may also be collected and may be linked to your personal information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION INCLUDES:
- Information collected when you register including your user name and password, your name, your mailing address, email address, phone number, etc.
- Information collected when you make a purchase including your credit card number, billing address, etc.
- including (i) banking and other financial institution information required in order for compensation; (ii) a copy of your photo identification; (iii) any other information deemed necessary during transactions or course or use of the Site.
You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, certain products and services may not be available to you.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
BridgeSmart collects and uses your personal information to:
- Create and manage your user account;
- Process your transactions;
- Provide customer service;
- Perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- To display content that is customized to your interests and preferences;
- To run contests, select entrants, and choose prize winners;
- To run Interactive Areas;
- If you are contributor to BridgeSmart, to identify your uploaded content as coming from you; and,
- To communicate with you about your transactions, new products and services. We may send transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase confirmations. We may also send you surveys or marketing communications to inform you of new products or services or other information or offers that may be of interest. These surveys or marketing communications may come from BridgeSmart or any of its divisions, affiliates or subsidiaries. If you do not wish to receive surveys or marketing communications, you may adjust your "Personal Information Preferences" as described below or follow the "unsubscribe" instructions included within email communications. Please keep in mind that, if you choose not to receive marketing communications, you will continue to receive transactional or account communications (e.g., confirmation emails, account balance statements or other).
Personal information collected by BridgeSmart may be stored and processed in the United States of America or any other country in which BridgeSmart or its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by providing us with your personal information and using our Sites or services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. If you would like to exercise any of your personal information protection rights (including the right to have your personal information deleted), please contact us using the "Contact Information" below.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to fulfill orders and shipments, to assist in marketing, to conduct audits, etc. Those third-party service providers (i) shall be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service, (ii) must protect personal information to the same extent as BridgeSmart, and (iii) shall be prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
If you have entered into and/or won a BridgeSmart contest, we or a contest sponsor may publish your name and city of residence. If you have entered information on BridgeSmart, that information is public for all users to see and can therefore be used by BridgeSmart in promotional or in any means they see fit.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to review or revise information that you previously provided to us, you may access and change your personal information in the "myAccount/Account Details" section of the Site. You may also contact Customer Service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PREFERENCES
BridgeSmart respects your right to make choices about the use and disclosure of your personal information. If at any time you decide that you do not want to receive surveys or marketing communications from us, please let us know by: (1) checking or unchecking the appropriate box as if provided on your online registration form when you sign up or the in "myAccount/Account Details" section of the Site once you are a user; (2) contacting Customer Service by email at email@example.com.
If you choose not to receive marketing communications, please be advised that you will continue to receive transactional or account communications (e.g., confirmation emails, account balance statements or other).
BridgeSmart uses "cookies" type technologies to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive. Cookies may contain information, including personal information, that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect may include the date and time of your visit, your registration information, session identification number, your navigational history, preferences and/or other information.
Cookies offer you many conveniences. They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the Site so that they can retrieve previous Marker search or purchase results, view their previous invoices, retain login and last used Site information. Cookies also save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our Sites and services that depend on cookies, which may include you will not be able to perform basic navigation through the Site.
In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies, including but not limited to single-pixel gifs (also known as web beacons) on our websites and in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters. These tiny electronic images assist us in determining how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters. We do not use these images to collect personal information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information including without limitation:
- Limiting access to your personal information to those of our employees who require it to provide services to you;
- Requiring employees to sign confidentiality agreements to protect customer and other confidential information;
- Ensuring that third-party service providers sign confidentiality agreements to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and not to use it for any unauthorized purposes;
- Encrypting credit card information on our order forms using secure socket layer (SSL) technology; and
- Storing your personal information in secure computer systems which protect it from unauthorized access or use.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal information, it is your responsibility to use a secure password (one that you believe cannot be broken) and to keep it confidential. You should also change your password on a periodic basis as you deem necessary that adds to your own security plan for all websites you access.
FORUMS & OTHER INTERACTIVE SERVICES
Our Sites may include discussion forums or other interactive areas or services, including blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards, message boards, online hosting or storage services, or other areas or services in which you or third parties create, post or store any content, messages, comments, materials or other items on the Sites ("Interactive Areas"). If you use an Interactive Area, you should be aware that these areas are open to the public and any personal information you post or provide at registration may be viewable by others. We are not responsible for personal information you submit in connection with the Interactive Areas, nor are we responsible for how others might use that information, including to send you unsolicited messages. Interactive Area postings may be retained indefinitely. If at any time you have questions about a posting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind that if there is a removal of a posting from an Interactive Area does not mean that the posting will be deleted from our systems.
If you choose to use our email referral services to tell a friend about our products or services (including promotional campaigns, new websites, job postings, etc.), we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will use that information to send your friend an email or emails inviting him or her to visit the Site and review the product or service you have selected. We may use a third-party provider to administer this function, but any such third-party provider may only use the information submitted to facilitate these emails.
We do not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without parental consent. If you are under 18, you shall not use or enter information on this Site, including without limitation, any Interactive Areas of the Site without parental consent and constant oversight. Please understand that you guarantee that it's exclusively your responsibility, per all Site Agreements and continued use of the Sites, that you monitor all children’s use or non-use of the Sites through your user access.
We may link to websites, including those of our subsidiaries and third-party content providers, that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked Sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.
Contact Information: email@example.com