If key personnel in each Department of your Organization take the time to answer the following 15 questions, it will help differentiate the correct modular BridgeSmart WMS Solution needed to bring the desired results, as well as, begin to understand the potential ROI for your Organization.
1. On a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest), how critical are your needs in the following areas?
• Storing/retrieving internally created and/or externally received Documents?
• Storing/retrieving paper (mailed, faxed, etc.) and/or electronic (files, emails, etc.) Documents?
• Automated verses manual Document Storage and Retrieval?
• Ease of use to locate, retrieve and use electronically stored Documents?
• Automated collection and processing of Documents from incoming faxes and/or emails?
• Automated Classification, Sorting and Routing of Documents?
• Automated Data Mining, Extraction and Data Verification from Documents?
• Automatic connection to and population of backend Databases and Software?
• Automated processing of Documents thru various defined Business Workflows?
• Automated User Collaboration Workflows for certain Documents?
• Control of user access to Documents?
• Retention timeframes for Documents?
2. What Departments in your Organization have the most Labor intensive processes like storing, retrieving and finding information on Documents? Classification, sorting and routing of Documents to correct parties? Making sure that necessary collaboration and changes of Document processes are carried out? Manually entering data from paper and/or electronic Documents in to Software Programs? Please Describe for each Department.
3. Describe these processes in detail from the time a Document is internally created or arrives in that Department until it is ‘retired’ and is no longer needed—except for possible archival purposes.
4. Classify the different types of documents you use. Classification is based on documents types with common components, like forms. Some examples are internally created forms, such as A/R: Invoices and POs, Customer Accounts, Time Sheets, HR Docs, Legal Docs, Contracts, etc. External documents include A/P: Invoices and POs, Contracts, BOLs, Freight Bills, Signed internal or external Documents, Tax Notices, Utility Bills, etc.
5. What percentage/quantity of the Documents you’d like to process and store would be classified as Structured forms? [Such as, internally created forms like your POs or Invoices.]
6. What percentage/quantity of the Documents that you’d like to process and store would be classified as Unstructured forms? [Such as, externally received forms like Vendor Invoices.]
7. Please describe, classify and give examples of these Structured and Unstructured forms and other Document types.
8. What percentage/quantity of the Structured or Unstructured Documents has handwritten data in them? Please Describe.
9. Is the handwritten data in blocks printed on the form or just written in a blank line on the form?
10. Of the Documents you would like to Process and/or Store, what percentage/quantity is internally created and what percentage/quantity comes in from outside the Organization? Please Describe.
11. Of the Documents arriving from outside your Organization (that you want to Process and/or Store), what percentage/quantity arrives by Mail, Email, Fax or Other? What percentage/quantity are Structured versus Unstructured forms? Please Describe.
12. In your Daily Operations, which internally created Documents contain information that must be manually entered into a Software Program or more than one Software Program? Please Describe.
13. In your Daily Operations, which external Documents contain information that is manually entered into a Software Program or more than one Software Program? Please Describe.
14. How much Time and Labor Costs could be saved if Documents from inside the Organization could be stored automatically for electronic retrieval and automatically processed so the Data is entered into various Software Programs where they are being manually entered now?
15. How much Time and Labor Costs could be saved if Documents from outside the Organization could be stored automatically for electronic retrieval and automatically processed so the Data is entered into various Software Programs where they are being manually entered now?